Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shopaholic

I'm sure at least one of you has been wondering how long until I blog about shopping, it didn't take long! This year for lent I decided I would give up online shopping. The rules were I could still shop in person just not from my computer or phone. It is much much harder than you think. My phone has every store app plus I get over 30 emails a day about buying something and then there is facebook. Online shopping for me is a bigger problem than I really thought it was. It only lasted 2 weeks but I now have set myself limits. NO buying for Reed or from any kid's store! Why does Fed Ex deliver a package a week with something for Reed? Facebook and ambien are to blame! See i take my ambien around 9 every night.. well, that is the time the sales start on lolly wolly doodle, smocked auctions, sprinkled sweet and many more! The next morning when I look at my email I always say "Damn it, Emily! You did it again!" So yes this may suck for Reed but he will be just fine without a smocked outfit for the week. During BIRTHDAY week, I was getting all sorts of coupons and they expire the end of March so of course I had to use them! I know I should be ashamed with not going through with giving something up for lent but I am sorry. I have given up a lot of things in 2012! I don't eat carbs, I don't drink soft drinks, no wine, no whiskey, not to mention that I have given up 35 pounds in 3 months! Yes a small child! I look at shopping as my reward and for now I am going to keep rewarding myself! Have you ever gone to the Mexican restaurant and not eaten chips? Subway and not had a sandwich? It is hard to completely change the way you have been living for 26 years but it is so worth it! I feel great and I have so much more energy!.. and not to mention I have lots of cute new clothes!

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you gave up online shopping! GOOOO EMMA!

    So proud of you, 35lbs and counting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma! I am so proud of you for all that you have done in 2012! If you can give up 35 lbs you deserve a little retail therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Emma!! you are my inspiration to get my baby weight off!!!

    ReplyDelete