Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Big Deal Birthday!

If you know me then you know that I celebrate my Birthday more than any  normal person does. I celebrate the WHOLE entire month, a little extreme I know, but I love a Birthday and not just MY Birthday but everyone's! For months I had plans made for a big weekend in Memphis and last minute they fell through. Devastated does not even describe how I felt about this. Not because I wasn't going to Memphis but because I had NO birthday celebration weekend before my real birth planned! I freaked out totally to the point where I called my father and totally cried my eyes out and when he said "Emily, What in the hell is wrong with you?" All I could say was "I don't know, Daddy. It's just a bad day." He basically told me to suck it up that a Birthday isn't anything but another day! Oh DaDa, You just said the wrong thing to the 27 year old Birthday Brat!

So the weekend began with Kelly, Brittany, and Brooke coming to my parent's house on Friday after work. We had dinner and listened to Dada stories! At 3:30am Saturday morning we headed to Mound Bayou to the Peter's Pottery sale! Interesting to say the least! Those people are serious about pottery! We all got good pieces and took notes for next time! From Mound Bayou we headed to Cleveland for lunch at Ala Carte. Brooke and Brittany had never been to the Delta with me so I felt as though I needed to give them a tour! We went around the world or so it felt! I showed them our cabin, we rode the levee, toured my aunt's new house, showed them Greenville, Harlow's, and even the new Mississippi bridge all on the way to Paul Michael's! After we all shopped until we couldn't anymore, we got beer and I showed them even more of the Delta. We rode with the windows down and music up and hit back roads all the way to Tribbett! The girls had to get back to Jackson to their husband's and I had a Birthday that I had to celebrate!

My friend Carrie named me the Birthday Brat years ago and it has always stuck! Carrie also encourages my Birthday though! When I called her flipping my shit about having no plans she called our friend Lauren and they knew they had to do something before I had a serious breakdown!  We had the perfect little Birthday party with Connie's cookies! My all time favorite activity is day drinking on a beautiful day and that is exactly what we did by a fire! Thank you Carrie and Lauren for still letting me be a Birthday Brat!


Monday (my real Birthday) began with cake oreo's for breakfast that a friend had given me followed with lots of calls, texts, wall posts, tweets, emails, and flowers from my precious nephew and sister! After work I went to Sombra for my Birthday dinner! Kelly, Brittany, Lindsay, Val, Mackie, Jennifer, Beth, and Emily all helped me celebrate! We had a great dinner with lots of drinks, well I had a lot but it was my actual Birthday! I received a beautiful Peter's Vase, a phone clutch, earrings, candle, and adorable napkins! All of my favorite things! Lindsay brought GiGi's cupcakes and I had tequila shots for dessert, not wise for a 27 year old who had to be at work at 7 the next morning! Thank you girl's for making my REAL Birthday so special! 


One thing I look forward to every year is a phone call singing to me from someone who takes every holiday just as serious as I do. I always get a call early in the morning and it is calm but telling me to have a great day! I get so excited about this call, but I LOVE the second one around bedtime! It is always much more entertaining and includes her husband! I missed the late night call this year and oh am I so glad! This just means I have it on voice mail with a verse that I had never heard before!!! I can't wait until next year!
 


Just because March 5 is in the past does not mean that my Birthday is over! Tomorrow I have Birthday dinner with my friend Meredith and the next weekend I will celebrate with Roane and Lauren in Dallas. It is also Lauren's Birthday month and Carrie's, so celebrations for them are just about to begin! I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family who allow me to be the Birthday Brat! Thank you to each of you. 27 is going to be WONDERFUL!!!!








... and this is why I love March!!!









1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Love it! I'll tell Ann you gave her a shout out! (eddie too!)

    ReplyDelete