Thursday, March 29, 2012

The great flood

On Friday morning I woke up just like any normal day and got dressed for work. I was going to the delta that afternoon so I walked in my closet to get a few dresses and I'll be damn if my whole shoe didn't get soaked by water. So I look down and everything is soaken wet! All my shoes, purses, some clothes, vaccume cleaners, books, pictures... everything on my floor! At this point, I am in tears! Two Tory Burch purses were soaked! uggs, ruined! My NICE sandals, ruined! I completely freaked out! I called my mom because of course Mother's know best! She thought it would be a fine time to tell me that is why you don't have to have the best shoes or the nicest purses and nothing should have been on your floor! REALLY Debbie!!! I live in a freakin' shoe box and I own too much shit! I hung up on her and called my Daddy! He wanted to know what I thought he could do about it, he was in the middle of the lake fishing and didn't really have time for this. He said "Emily, this is one of those situations that you have to deal with on your own". Complete panic mode at this point and I said "Whatever, Dada, Obviously you don't understand that over two thousand dollars worth of shit was ruined and it is NOT my fault." His last words of the conversation were "I know Emily, Nothing is ever your fault." Goodbye DaDa, we just got disconnected! As most of you know, I am a titty baby and it is all my mother's fault! I don't deal well having to do things my own! On Friday, I decided it was time to grow up! I immediately called my insurance agent in Greenville and asked him about renter's insurance. Sadly, I did not have any. He gave me the address to the Madison Office and on I went to get it! As of Friday, 9am I now have RENTER'S INSURANCE! This is how grown up I am, the guy asked me if I wanted to send the bill to my dad and I said no thank you I will go ahead and pay for the entire year right now! BIG BIG step for me! After going back to my apartment and the maintence guys telling me there is nothing they can do until Monday, I packed my shit and headed to the delta! Great weekend with really good friends! I hated to come back Sunday to the flood but I did! Monday rolls around and not a damn thing has been done to fix my apartment. I called the office and they said it will be Wednesday! I went into my apartment Monday after 6 and there were Mexicans on ladders working on molding around the apartment but of course they didn't speak English and the office was closed so I had no idea what was going on! Wednesday night I get home from work hoping that I can move my closet out of my living room back into my closet where it belongs but hell no! It doesn't look like anyone had even walked in to check on it. I called my mother last night and told her that I was going to raise hell with the office today because this was just ridiculous that nothing had been done. She was ACTUALLY helpful and told me what to say and not to put up with any bullshit! I woke this morning at 5am preparing myself for the earfull I am going to give the stupid girl. While going over all of this in my head, I see a snake on the wall! Instead of calling my mother or my father, I walked into the kitchen saw a crutch and grabbed shoes! It was on! No it was not a big snake, but a snake is a snake! I have this little fellow in a bag and we are going to the office to raise ten pounds of hell! Like my mother says "I did not sign up for this shit"!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Emma! This is something that would only happen to you. I wish I could be there in that office to see what you throw down on them. Get me in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You type EXACTLY like it is. I can hear Dada and Debbie saying all of that! Hope little critter's friends don't come to see you next! ha. Come stay with me until its all fixed!!!

    ReplyDelete